Create Your Legacy
Gateville Law Firm concentrates on Wills, Trusts, and estate planning law. Persons over age 18 years of age may set up a Will, also known as a “Last Will and Testament.” This distributes one’s property upon their death to their loved ones. It is simple and easy to set up with our experienced attorneys.
A Will is a basic estate planning tool used to distribute one’s assets to their designated beneficiaries. They are administered through the probate process in the State of Illinois. The Illinois Probate Act of 1975 summarises the probate process. Often, people fail to understand that Will preparation must undergo a court process called “probate court” which determines whether the document is legal and sufficient. Typically, a person must have the original Will or otherwise there is a rebuttable presumption that the creator intended to destroy its contents.
Gateville Law Firm counsels its’ clients on Will preparation and Trust preparation, which can avoid the probate process. Our estate planning lawyers have in-depth knowledge and experience in the following areas of estate planning:
- Life Insurance Planning including setting up Life Insurance Trust or otherwise known as an “Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust” or “ILIT”
- Living Trust or otherwise known as a “Revocable Living Trust” or “Declaration of Trust”
- OBRA or Medicaid Trust
- Asset Protection Planning
- Estate and Gift Tax Planning
- Retirement Plan Trust
- Irrevocable Trust
- Private Land Trust
- Family Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Liability Companies
- Business Protection Liability Planning
- Business Succession Planning
These interrelated areas of law impact one’s estate planning considerations. Attorney Sean Robertson has unmatched experience as an estate planning, Will preparation, and Trust preparation. Wills and Trusts are combined together to create a powerful estate plan for a couple or family. Our lawyers provide skillful and in-depth legal knowledge of the laws that combine to effect one’s estate or business interests. Contact us today at 630-780-1034.